A

A

Tuesday 12 February 2008

Paintings

After a couple of nice comments about my paintings, I thought as I've no new news on the wildlife front I'd post a couple more. I don't usually paint wildlife, my painting is more of a chaotic creation; which is where the name of my Art website quicksilverwhistle came from (ergo, my wildlife blog's odd name). I tend to paint fast, furious, from memory and without any planning, and never draw anything. Therefore often whistle at the end result, which I have to admit can be different to my original thought (such as this Pheasant which started out life as a seascape - don't ask).

The painting at the bottom of these three was completed using a 2 inch rubber roller, paint on, slosh it about and for me (not everyone) I can see an abstract Cockrell head and eye. The colours aren't as sharp here as in the originals I'm afraid.

 

 
What tends to happen is I watch wildlife from Autumn to Spring then in the summer "do shows". So a couple of photos too, which may give the reader something to smile about (is that really all of me in that shirt????) - this was at Yetminster last July.


 
 
The hub of activity - my artiste studio (okay I know it's a shed)
 
Day off tomorrow, as taking her who must be obeyed to Dorchester Oncology Centre for her 3 monthly checkup, a good excuse to pop to the Dorset coast afterwards, under the pretext of a spot of luncheon near the sea, but just may have my scope in the car !!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks ST. Have left a note on your blog too. Watch this space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooh! Very nice. I can see a cockerel head in the picture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Oldcrow, a good eye for "birds"

    ReplyDelete