A

A

Thursday 7 February 2008

Greylags

Keeping the theme of wildlife on the move, a suprise this morning. As I drove into work, 10 Greylags flew over the car next to the house. Quite unusual for the outskirts of Weston super Mare, and as wild birds, this takes me to 91 for the year.

Spring is definitely gathering pace. On Saturday a colleague text'd me to say she had frogspawn in her pond. And this week I've noticed bud burst happening on a daily occurance around here; Elder leaves on Monday and this morning noticed Hawthorn in leaf. My Hornbeam hedge came into leaf last week, however after a frost, these now look withered and brown. And walking into work today, a Blackcap was singing it's head off, while it's partner was being all coy in the next tree. Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment