A

A

Saturday 14 February 2009

The day before

Today has been the first day for ages where the weather has made me think, oh not too cold. I quite like the colder weather but I have to admit I'm getting a bit fed up with this and looking forward to some warmer weather.

The above photo was taken at Cheddar a week or so back, after we'd had snow. In the afternoon I went for a walk around there and although nothing too startling, seeing over a 1000 Coot, a few hundred Pochard and a smattering of Gt Crested Grebe, made for a very enjoyable walk.



However tomorrow I'm off to the RSPB's Bowling Green Marsh, at Topsham just south of Exeter. This photo was taken in May last year when there wasn't that much about, but lovely and warm. But recent reports of 600 Avocet and hundreds of Black Tailed Godwits is encouraging 3 men and a lady to venture there for a 9.45am start..... report tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. OOh I'm a bit green about your forthcoming trip to Bowling Green Marsh. I tried to get there when I was on hols in Devon a couple of years ago. But was with my mother and it poured with rain so... I didn't make it.

    All those Avocets... I shall look forward to your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the trip and my report was worth the wait :-)

    ReplyDelete