Ahh well, maybe they'll try again, after all it is still only January !!
- Tree Sparrow - only 4 seen as fly overs, and now presumed a non-breeder in the county
- Cuckoo - rapid decline in numbers from c.100 in 1996 to 8 in 2006
- From prey remains, the Peregrines in Bath are taking a fair number of woodcock, more than recorded in the field, as a percentage
- Dunlin numbers are increasing in the Bristol Channel - 1400 in Nov 06 - partly (from my knowledge) due to clean up of the sea, and the ending of mechanical beach cleaning.
- Raven - rapid increase from 1's and 2's up to 2001, rising to 42 in 2006 (see below)
Given that Tree Sparrows and Corvids are species I'm particularly interested in, mixed feelings today.