After opening the presents, Julie and I headed off to Catcott Reserve on the Somerset Levels. It was lovely and quiet, it being Christmas Day and the highlight there was a black tailed godwit (in this picture but one of the many dark blobs.
- First bird (always exciting to wonder what it is) - robin, in garden at 05.43hrs
- +In Garden (incl flying over) : carrion crow, starling, magpie, house sparrow, great tit, blue tit, dunnock, herring gull, collared dove, wood pigeon, fieldfare
- +On drive to the Levels (Julie drove so a treat for me to be an observer)buzzard, redwing, rook, jackdaw, chaffinch, mute swan, canada goose, grey heron, kestrel, lesser black backed gull, pheasant.
- +At Catcott lapwing, wigeon, long tail tit, pintail, black headed gull, black tailed godwit, shovler, greylag goose, teal, cormorant, meadow pipit, stonechat
- +At Shapwick great spotted woodpecker, goldcrest, blackcap, siskin, wren, cetti's warbler, chiffchaff, jay, coot, mallard, gadwall, tufted duck, raven.
Today we're off to the Chew Valley and then Wells. it will get a lot harder now to get more species on the list. Fun though.