A

A

Wednesday 11 June 2008

Is this a Magpie I see before me.....

Arising from my slumber, I popped downstairs to make a cup of tea to be greeted by this Magpie Moth Abraxas grossulariata on the window. This photo was taken with my old camera, as the new one is on charge, the difference in quality is interesting.

Well best get on, but what marvellous wildlife watching; still in my PJ's, cup of tea, slice of toast and a house awash with wildlife. Okay that last bit is pushing it a bit. Must spend today on my art, but the prospect of Large Blue Butterflies near here is tempting.

Plus she who must be obeyed is back from Italy tomorrow night. I better behave, she'll be asking searching questions. Can I truthfully say, oh never left the house, of course the cleaning and list of chores are all done darling!! Just hope I can get the cider cans recycled before she's back; where have they all come from, I think it must be the hedgehog pixies having a party.

It will be great to have her back though, not been a good holiday apparently, she left her famous red coat in a hotel in France (it would have been easier to pay the bill, not do a moonlight flit?) and Italy has been rain, cold and she fell over on Saturday. Honestly it must be drink!! So the photo above is homage to the coat and to welcome her back.

5 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, you are so funny. So descriptive, I can picture it all. Beautiful moth by the way...and I might add, she who must be obeyed is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be wishing she was back on holiday when we're next having a row!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the note you put on my blog ... about the clever Crow in Finland ... and I for one certainly don't understand why people say "bird brain" in a negative way, because that Crow certainly was clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the eventual,art buyer11 June 2008 at 17:45

    check your e mail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy : couldn't agree more

    Anonymous : reply on it's way

    ReplyDelete